Maple Heights Nursing Home
Maple Heights is dedicated to enriching the quality of life of
each individual resident. We are committed to the promotion of health and the
advancement of growth to residents admitted to this facility. We will
accomplish care for the
total person by providing the following:
- Quality Physical Care - Our professional nursing staff gives
individual attention to the residents medical needs and encourage them
through rehabilitation programs.
- Spiritual Care - With leadership from area clergy and
cooperation from numerous church groups, our residents are able to enjoy
the spiritual life and religious fellowship which has always been part
of their lives.
- Sociological Care - Although their social needs may be
divergent, all our residents have the need for companionship, participation
in activity and a sense of belonging.
- Physiological Care - Intellectual stimulation is provided by
discussion groups, reality orientation and numerous other activities
involving the thought process.
- Resident Council - An active group of residents meets on a
monthly basis to discuss their quality of life with attention given to
areas needing change. This input is important for the facility to meet
residents changing needs.
- Innovative Activities - Individualized activities for all residents
are very important. Here are a few group activities:
- Happy Hour
- Guest Entertainers
- Current Events and Talk Groups
- Family Involvement - Family Involvement is important as well, and
specific activities are designed such as:
Individual activities are also available
for one to one involvement. We recognize each individual with personal needs,
individual histories and unique problems to be shared and addressed.
- Nutritional Plans - Physicians order specific plans of diets to
address each individual's needs and rights. All menus and diets are
reviewed by a registered dietitian to insure quality.
- Social Services -
Social services reviews charts and is available to help individuals adjust
to transitions associated with the nursing home. A staff member is
designated to help address individuals needs and provide support to the
residents as well as to the families.
- Nursing Care - 24 hour licensed nurses are staffed to
provide the care prescribed by our physician. A licensed nurse daily
administers medications and treatments.
- Rehabilitation - Contracted therapists from the local
hospital are available when ordered by the physician. The facility
provides, through a rehabilitation aide, daily prescribed therapies for
- Care Review Committee - A group of local individuals appointed by
the Area Agency on Aging meets quarterly. They check resident care and
rights through periodic visits. Names of these individuals are located
at the facility entrance.
- Volunteer Programs - Local caring people spend many hours here
weekly improving the quality of life for our residents. They give the
community support and uniqueness that makes Maple
Heights a truly caring institution.
- Environmental Services - The facility staffs housekeeping and laundry
personnel to provide a clean homelike atmosphere 7 days a week. Rooms,
closets, and drawers are periodically cleaned to insure cleanliness
throughout the facility.
- Administrative Assistance - The business office is opened Monday through
Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. to assist the residents and families.
Financial direction for state assistance can be obtained in this office.
Money for residents can be left with the office to allow residents
This facility is a state and federally
licensed nursing facility that is Medicaid & Medicare certified. The
primary function is to provide a safe place for people who need nursing care
to help with daily activities as prescribed by each individual's physicians
for short recuperative periods as well as long term.
Maple Heights Nursing Home shall not deny admission for reason of Race, Color,
Age, National Origin or Handicap (Mental or Physical)
Maple Heights Nursing Home is a locally owned and operated 72 bed
skilled/nursing facility opened in 1968. A board of directors meet monthly to
oversee and give direction to administration.
Home | Helpful Living | Meadow
2 Sunrise Avenue
Phone: (712) 881-1680